Sunday, October 11, 2009

Captivated

This week in the prayer room God gave me a word that left such a heavy imprint on my heart... He said, "How can you look at anything else when you're looking into the eyes of the maker of the universe?"
Wow.
I've been pondering this for days and even still, even now, I am left without words.
When we've met gaze, when we've looked so intently in His eyes, how can we want anything else? Anything I wanted or desired before has lost all appeal. All else falls away in comparison with Him. There is nothing this world has to offer that even comes close to what we gain by following Him.
My desire is that my life be spent adoring Him and bringing Him glory. My hearts cry is that my eyes never part from His stare. Not because I feel like it's the right thing. Not because I think it's what I should do. But simply because I am SO in love with Him and I can't help but to look at Him; to gaze upon his beauty. He is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I have been SO captivated by Him. Captivated by His love. Captivated by His presence. Captivated by who He is. Captiavted by what He's done. Captivated by what He will do in the days to come. I am left in complete and total awe. And I can't even fathom ever wanting anything else but Him... Because now that I've met the gaze of His eyes, I can't look away.

Captivated
I am completely captivated
And I notice my heart rate accelerated.
Beating so strong,
It's almost beating out of my chest.
I try to breathe in but I can't catch my breath,
As I experience a love that will never rest.
Never end.
Never for a second bend
Away from it's faithful ways,
Or passionate gaze,
That pierces me straight to my soul,
And leaves me amazed.
In awe of this love
And in love with this lover.
He's got such a burning jealousy in His eyes,
One glimpse alone exhorts me to arise.
He reaches out his hand for me to take hold,
So towards Him,
I willfully go.
With nothing in tow,
But a captivated heart
And doves eyes that can't part
Away from His stare.
My mind's left bare,
Stripped of any past wants or previous cares.
To Him I look; He is all I see.
My mind soul and heart aligned in unity,
For He has wholly and completely
Captivated me.

No comments:

Post a Comment