Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Thankful Heart

“I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever.” (Ps 86:12)

As I was having my quiet time this morning, I entered into such a beautiful time of reflection… I looked out at the Mediterranean Sea and such a deep thankfulness rose within me. I am so unbelievably blessed by the work I do. Sometimes I think about my life and can’t even fathom that it really is real.
I am currently in Egypt, sharing the good news... And when I think about it, I never would’ve imagined that I'd have seen as much of the world as I’ve seen. And whats so incredible is that it’s not because of anything I’ve done, It’s all what God has done. It's ALL because of Him. He's the one whose turned my wildest dreams into my actual life. And it's simply because He is just so good. I can’t help but smile as I write that because I truly believe it with all my heart... HE IS SOOOO GOOD. A passion of mine has always been experiencing new cultures and seeing new things. It amazes me to see how my love for travel has been integrated as a part of God’s calling on my life. It is such a beautiful thing when His plans for us align with the things we have been hoping for.
I feel like all too often dreams, hopes, and desires are categorized as things we want but things we don’t expect to receive (I am so guilty of this). Yet in reality, God so badly wants us to live in expectation. He wants our hearts to be grounded in hope because He is so ready and so willing to make those hopes reality. He longs to give us the world… If only we would receive it from him.
My prayer Lord, is that I would recieve everything you want to give, that I would always live in the fullness that you have intended for me. May I always go after my dreams for I know that you can't hardly wait to make them come true. Oh Lord, you are so good. You are so unbelievably and truly good and my whole heart will praise you forever.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. Being there sharing is PERFECT! It I stumbled into your blog and it will be great to see what you are up to next and hear about the next places you go. I love psalms - the father of the wisest man that ever lived is great reading.

    Kindest regards,
    Tom Bailey

    ReplyDelete