Friday, January 15, 2010

Psalms 37:4

"Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."

I am completely blown away by the things God is putting in my path right now... It's all so good, it's almost overwhelming. I am beginning to see promises fulfilled, starting to see some of my deepest longings be released to me. It'd say it seems "too good to be true", but I've recently decided that saying has no authority when it comes to matters involving the Lord. He is the ultimate giver of things we never could've imagined, things we wanted but never thought we received, things we were almost too scared to believe for... These are the types of things he's so desperately wanting to give us. This verse contains such unchanging truth: When we take delight in the Lord, HE WILL give us the desires of our hearts.

So when we ask him for our hearts desires, when we pray for our deepest wants, we are not begging God for something He doesn't want to give us. We are just agreeing with him on the things He already has for us. When our hearts are truly aligned with His, our wants are His wants, our desires are His desires, our dreams are His dreams. The more I trust the Lord, the more I realize that He actually WANTS to give me these things that are in my heart. He is longing to fulfill every last one of my hearts desires... He's the one that put them there in the first place...

No comments:

Post a Comment