Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Way Out

"The LORD went in front of them in a pillar of cloud by day, to lead them along the way, and in a pillar of fire by night, to give them light, so that they might travel by day and by night. Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people." (Ex 13:21-22)
This is one of my absolute favorite scriptures. The word Exodus literally means "The way out." And throughout this book we see God not only provided a way out for the Israelites, but he actually led the way out Himself. Every second of the day, every step of the way, He was with His people... In the light of the day, He led them. In the dark of the night, He led them. He never left them. He is so faithful to direct and guide us through our whole lives. I love knowing that no matter where I go, no matter what I do, I am never alone... He's always in front of me. No matter what decisions I'm faced with, no matter how confusing life gets, I never have to find my own way... All I have to do is follow Him. He is so faithful to show me the way... Or better yet, to show me His way.

1 comment:

  1. Mariah, this is so encouraging! Thank you for sharing. This passage and your thoughts on it totally describe what I am going through right now. I love you, and I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete