Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Garden



I read through Genesis today and it spoke so powerfully to me about how God has longed for relationship with us since the beginning of time. All He's ever wanted is intimacy with us. His original intention was simply that we be with Him. His will was that we be around Him. Live in His presence. Talk to Him. Spend time with Him. Being in His presence is what we were created for. Relationship with Him is what we were made for. I can't even grasp a full concrete understanding of what it must've been like in the garden... Adam and Eve, walking through Eden in the cool of the day with the Lord. What a perfect illustration of what God wants with us even still, even now. Even after the fall, He has made it possible for us to live in intimacy with Him... The fact that that kind of relationship is still attainable to us today is such a reflection of His love. Such a reflecion of how badly He just wants to dwell among us. I love that we can still live in His presence, still be in constant communion, continual fellowship with our maker. Ohhhhh how I long to live in the Garden all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment