Thursday, January 28, 2010

Waste My Life

“I will waste my life, I’ll be tested and tried,
With no regrets inside of me,
just to find I’m at your feet.
Let me find I’m at your feet... " (Misty Edwards)

Everytime I listen to this song my heart gets so stirred. I love the idea of wasting my whole life on Jesus. Wasting my days away in His presence. Wasting every minute for His purposes. Wasting every second adoring my Savior and worshipping my Maker. Wasting everything I am, everything I could ever be, on Him and His Kingdom. How beautiful to seek His face alone. To be devoted entirely to bringing Him glory. To be concerned with nothing except for giving back the love that this perfect lover has given to me. I can't help but think, when this is what I fashion my life around, what will I have to regret? What will I ever miss out on? Anything I have to give up, anything I have to surrender in order to fervently seek him has no worth when compared with Him anyways. Being in love with Him is more than enough reason to lay everything else aside... I can't really think of anything more lovely than a life completely wasted on God.

Wasted
A person wasted on God is a well wasted soul
Leaving a life that’s relinquished all it’s control.
Lives Living out His original intent
Hearts consumed with a love that refuses to relent.
I offer my whole life in reckless abandon to your call
I give everything that I am, I give you my all.

Revelations of your love provides this newfound perspective

To adore you my God, is my one sole objective.

Nothing I give up could I even count as loss
Your uncomparable to anything I’ve ever come across.
With a single glimpse of your glory you’ve gotten my attention,
Gained my undevoted affection,
In you I've found complete perfection.

So may I always be near enough to feel your heartbeat
And may everyday I be found at your feet.
(Who knew bitter sweet surrender could be so sweet?)

No comments:

Post a Comment